CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Frustrated!

People's ignorance NEVER ceases to amaze me but OMG it sure frustrates me! There are many things this pertains to but one in general im about to flip out on.

Careless Moms: inform yourselves on carseat safety- a child is to be REAR FACING until ONE YEAR AND 20 LBS! The American Academy of Pediatrics is even recommending 2 years or until they reach the height and weight according to carseat!  These 4 month old and 6 month old and 10 month old babies arent 20 lbs AND 1 year old! Seriously, we arent fighting our kid for candy here, we are talking about their safety! You wouldnt let your child play in the middle of the road when a car is coming so why are you turning them forward so early? Because theyre crying? Get over it! My child screams her head off in the car every single time we get in there because she hates it so much. But do you see me turning her forward to make her stop? Nope because I am informed on the regulations! It breaks my heart to hear her cry this whole time but I would rather her cry for 10 mins than never hear her cry again. You can get a ticket for this!! How are you going to feel if you get into a car accident and your child was hurt or God forbid killed because you were uniformed or careless? Would you be able to live with yourself? Just take a step back and think about it. I cant imagine losing my kiddo and I will do everything in my power to keep her safe, including keeping her rear facing as long as I need to!

This post isnt to anyone in the blog world, to be honest the people this is meant for will probably never read this but still I had to vent! Hope this didnt hurt anyones feelings, I am just being honest! Hope everyone had a blessed weekend!

1 comments:

Ashley

really, 20 pounds doesnt seem like much. There was a kid Anika's age this weekend who was 20 pounds. I follow all the car seat rules- even some ridiculous ones because better safe than sorry when it comes to cars.

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments :)