CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

My First Real Mothers Day!

I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's DAy! Yesterday was my first real mother's day! Last year Lexi was still in my tum tum baking and this year she is here with us! Such an amazing thing to be thankful for! A beautiful 5 month and 1 day old baby girl. This Mother's day pretty much stunk but hey it could be worse! We had a rough one b/c poor Lexi is teething soo very bad. :'( it really is terrible how much pain she is in! Then it also kinda stunk b/c the hubs had to work :/ so Lexi and I attempted church but had to leave b/c she was so very fussy. Then came home and had crying fits the rest of the day, poor baby girl! Then we ordered Zea's to go since Lexi wasn't in a very great mood. I ended up folding laundry most the evening and cleaning and packing as well. Mother in law came over for a bit as well.

The exciting part is that I got exactly what I wanted for Mother's Day from Lexi (aka Ryan)... a GPS!!! I know, most people would be mad to get this fr Mother's Day but me, I was ecstatic!! You see, I get lost everywhere, and I mean everywhere, I go! For Instance, this morning when I went to get the eclairs to bring to MO with us had I not had my GPS I would have been very very very lost! Thank YOU baby :) love you!! <3

Today, we are doing last minute things before we head out for vacation this evening. I will be gone for 18 days with Lexi but Ryan will be back a week from this coming Wednesday. My lil sis is graduating from HS and I'm so proud of her. She has worked so very hard for this! Well I won't be on here much for the rest of the month so hope everyone has a great month!

Already got a dozen eclairs, now off to get crawfish for my daddy :)

1 comments:

Ash

GPS is the best! My hubby had to work on Mother's Day too, not so fun :(

This is how I make my oatmeal (it has a sticky consistency, but you can make it thinner or thicker depending on what your daughter likes): 3/4 cup water, 1/4 cup ground old-fashioned rolled oatmeal, 1/4 cup breast milk or formula. - I grind my oatmeal in a large batch in my regular 'ole blender, it takes some time but you can get it to a powdery consistency

Bring water to boil in saucepan. Add the ground oatmeal while stirring constantly. Simmer for 10 minutes, whisking constantly. Mix in formula or breast milk. Let cool and serve at room temperature.

I doubled this recipe and used 2 tablespoons for each serving which lasted me about 4 days. This recipe is from The Best Homemade Baby Food On the Planet, I really recommend their book!

Hope this helps :)

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments :)