CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 3, 2012

Fall centerpiece: Tutorial Style

Decorating for holidays is one of my absolute most favorite things!! I get very excited to decorate and fall and Christmas are by far my favorites! This year I have been scouring Pinterest and pinning all tr cute stuff. Then, I pulled out what I already have and went from there. I wanted to make a centerpiece of some sort and I really had my eye on the apothecary jars. Unfortunately Hobby lobby didn't have all the necessary supplies that was a first and a very sad day! So then I knew what to make instead! I was quick, easy, and cheap less than $20 to make. Here was my inspiration but I did my own way! This is my first tutorial, so I hope y'all enjoy it!

Materials:
Fall scrapbook paper
Scissors
Glue
6 glass jars (or as many as you need)
cricut or stencils
 Ribbon
Stuff for inside the jars
Doilies (optional)
Hot glue gun
Glue sticks

 I got all my materials (except the paper and cricut) from the Dollar Store! Can't beat that! 
First, I decided which paper I was going to use for each letter and cut them out using the cricut. (I cut mine to be 2 1/2 inches because that is what looked best on my jars.) 
These were the jars I used:

This is what my letters looked like once I had them cut out:

Once those were cut I had Rachel cut me the ribbon to wrap around the jars! Then, I hot glued them onto the jars to spice them up a bit.

Then, I hot glued the letters onto the ribbon.

Next is the fun part! Filling that jars. I used two types of potpourri, orange jewels, and pumpkin spice scent.
Then, I laid out 6 sunflower doilies and out the glasses on top of them. This was my final project!

The house is looking more ready for fall! Makes my heart happy. I am going to post the tutorial I used for the paper pumpkins soon, along with the rest of the fall decorations. How are y'all decorating?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Love reading your comments :)